Window 8.1 Update :
Microsoft window has released the Windows 8.1 which is free for anyone who running Windows 8 currently. This update resolve many of the problems of users had with Windows 8 and also added a Start button. To update window 8 to 8.1 visit at Microsoft’s Windows 8.1 page.
Shortcuts for Window 8 :
Here some of the Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts which helps you to make your Windows 8 experience more good. Try to memorize these most using Windows 8 shortcut keys.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop (if open).
- Press the Windows key + D opens the Windows Desktop.
- Press the Windows key + . to pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (e.g. Device Manager and Command Prompt).
- Press the Windows key + C to open the Charms.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings, which is the same Settings found in Charms.
- Press and hold the Windows key + Tab to show open apps.
- Press the Windows key + Print screen to create a screen shot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.
Take Advantage of Search :
The Search in Windows 8 has been improved as compared to all previous versions of Windows. To search for a file in Windows 8 from the Start screen you just start typing what you’re trying to find or want to run.
As you start typing, the results will be begain appearing on the left-hand side of screen. In addition, the Search also supports limiting its search to apps such as Music, Finance, People, Maps, Photos, Mail, Videos, Weather, and much more you want. If you are searching for something and it is not a file or program then just click on the app you want to search. For example if you want searching for “New York” and selected to Weather App you would be shown the weather in New York.
Search organizes the available Apps by how most of time they are used, by default and then in alphabetical order . want to keep your favorite app at the top of the Search list then right-click the app and choose your Pin. Pinning your app will lock it in place regardless of how often you used it. If there is an app you don’t want (e.g. Music) you can turn on and off any of the search apps through the PC settings, which is found in the Settings.
Tip: The Search also can be found through Charms and can also be opened by pressing Windows key + F.
Task Manager of Window 8 :
Windows 8 Task Manager has been improved significantly over previous versions of Window. Some of new changes such as showing a total percent usage at the top of your Processes, which can makes it easier to determine which total memory and CPU usage, improved Performance graphs, a Startup tab to overview startup processes and their impact to the system performance and App history tab (as shown below in picture) that will gives you the total resources of an app has used over a period of time . you must Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start the new Task Manager.
Picture Password to Login into Window 8 :
Windows 8 comes with a new feature called Picture password, which will allows you to authenticate your computer using a series of gestures that will include circles, straight lines, and taps and To enable this feature of window 8 you must use a new way to access your computer or have a hard time with passwords.
- Open >>>Windows Charms.
- Click >>>Settings and then>>> More PC settings
- PC settings window click>>> Users and then select>>> Create a picture password
Tip: A four digit pin password can also be created and used to access your computer.